Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Love You In Blue

I don't have a ton to say about this.

The band is Small Shiny Things, which is was Jay Olaszek, Matt McCain, Ron Donavon, Chris Bauler and myself. If you can listen close enough Todd Kessler is singing on this track.

I feel like this song gets too little love. On my part I think that it's a pretty realized tune. It says what I wanted it to and it manages to have a little fun with it.

The idea is someone telling you that they love you in that color or they love when you say a thing, but they don't. At least not enough. Sure it's painful, but after some time it's also a little funny. There's  lyric in here I'm particularly proud of after the lead (Which is RD and I think pretty funny in itself) that goes

"You say you wish it was simple and you're sorry you hurt me now you think I should leave"

That at the time struck me as pretty funny. Still does, to be honest. I dunno, I guess you be the judge of that. If we can't have a good laugh at shit, though, I'm not sure what the point of all of this is.

Here's the Link. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

What I said to start all of this:

My Job.  It's not to market well or be great looking. It's not even to try to please you. In fact it has a lot to do with existing o...